- This event has passed.
Monthly DNR Volunteer Work Party
September 9 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join us for DNR’s monthly volunteer work party each second Saturday to tackle important trail maintenance projects at Walker Valley. Your participation and support are invaluable in helping us preserve and enhance the recreational opportunities in our beloved area.
Details of the work party are as follows:
Date: (2nd Saturday of the Month) – Saturday, September 9th
Time: 9:00 am
Location: North End Trailhead Parking Area
These work parties commonly are attended by members of Ridge Rams 4×4 Club, Timber Tamers 4×4 Club, Northwest Quad Association, Skagit Motorcycle Club, as well as many unaffiliated volunteers. Thank you everyone!
Our objective is to ensure the trail remains safe and enjoyable for all users.
Please note that this work requires physical exertion on rough terrain and the use of hand or power tools in all weather conditions. Therefore, we kindly request that only those who are physically able and comfortable with this type of work participate.
To ensure your safety and comfort during the work party, please come prepared with the following:
- Food, water, and snacks to sustain yourself throughout the day.
- Personal medications or other needs that may be specific to you.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): gloves, eye protection, earplugs, and sturdy boots.
- (DNR will provide extra gloves, safety glasses, and earplugs for those that don’t bring them)
- Appropriate work clothes that can get dirty and withstand the outdoor conditions.
- Loppers, handsaws, or your favorite tool
The work party will not only contribute to the preservation of our trail system but also provide an opportunity for us to come together as a community and share our passion for Walker Valley.
Please email or text Ali Trout (Walker Valley Trails Manager) if you’re going to attend so she can plan resources and projects.
We genuinely value your dedication and support in maintaining and improving our trails. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Ali directly
Thank you for your commitment to the stewardship of our recreational areas.